Monday, August 30, 2021

The Old and the New (Part 3)

 Sheesh, it's been a long time. 

My last installment was when I went to work for Intertek in Louisville, Colorado.  It was a long commute but rewarding job. Unfortunately, Intertek decided to shut down the Commercial & Electric Division ion that office.  At first, I thought they were just dropping me alone because at the same time I was let go, they were hiring two entry level engineers. At first, I thought maybe age discrimination, but then realized it was salary discrimination. Two for the price of one. Well anyway they entire office was shut down except for sales and a new chemical testing lab in support of the oil & gas business in the region.  That did not pan out either, and it seems someone's crystal ball back at corporate was a little cloudy. 

Since that time, I've been doing compliance consulting, worked for time for a company in Montana (I was a remote worker before COVID taught everyone how that works).  And now back to consulting again with a bunch of clients, I'm booked for at least 6 months. For the last 5 or 6 years I've been working in large-scale electrical energy storage, including lithium batteries, flow batteries, flywheel energy storage, thermal energy storage, and now hydrogen electrolysis. It's fun and challenging too.  

If you want to learn more about ESS, visit the Physics Girl YouTube channel, on Why We Should Be Talking About Energy Storage

~Doug





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.