Sunday, July 02, 2023

The Old and the New (Part 4)

 A short update to the series.

In the last several months, I've had a few things happen.  One is I am now eligible to collect Social Security without restrictions on the number of hours I work.  As a result. I've been using my time in consulting.

I seldom solicit work, although I do stay in touch with prospects and former business relationships.  I find that with people going back to work after the pandemic things are getting busy again.  Even so, consulting has many aspects that are much like remote working.  So I was already proficient and there wasn't much surprise. 

Interestingly, my last full time position, I worked remotely about 2/3 of my time with 10 days per month on-site.  One of the effects of of being remote is that often in conference calls or day to day work, it seemed as if my voice was some distance away, like down the hallway or the next room. As a result, I learned that I must assert myself a bit more and interject where appropriate... not my nature to do so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.